Pages

Sep 11, 2008

VUELTA, BABY!

Okay, so for all my friends who don't know anything about cycling - the Vuelta a Espana is currently happening... The Vuelta is the 3rd and final Grand Tour of the year (which also includes the Giro d'Italia and the Tour de France). It's three weeks, all around Spain, and it's a little more than halfway through.

My sisters and I have done our predictions, as we do every year for the Tour, for the Vuelta for the first time. It's a points competition, and somehow I am smoking them both with 569 points, to their 467 and 442.

I picked for the Overall:
Alberto Contador
Carlos Sastre
Damiano Cunego (who is a letdown like usual)
Alejandro Valverde
Syvain Chavenel

I also had some good picks for KOM and Sprinters, so that's most likely where my points are coming from.

Currently the race just finished up Stage 12 and is heading into a rest day tomorrow, and Egoi Martinez (One of my KOM picks) is sitting pretty in the Golden Fleece.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hate you :(

Anonymous said...

As stated before, EPO is not permitted in predictions! you are banned!

-Sarah